Many, many “THANKS” to each and every one of you for your support of the Weekend Survival Kits (WSK) program through your participation in the first-ever WSK Friend Raiser held on March 21 and/or by voting for the WSK program during the month-long Big Bang-quet Community Charity Challenge which concluded with a “Grand Reveal” reception held at the University Club of MSU on March 23rd.
Your support of these efforts helped us raise a total of $10,546 for the Weekend Survival Kits program! That’s enough money to purchase food to fill over 2,100 food kits — each containing food for 11 meals and 2 snacks — to help feed hungry children in communities across Ingham County.
Here are some of the highlights from the WSK Friend Raiser and Big Bang-quet voting:
* We had a great turnout at the Friend Raiser — 100 lunches delicious and savory lunches were served by the University Club of MSU; our final reservations count was for 110 lunches.
* At the Friend Raiser, $981 was contributed at the door – 100% of which goes to the Weekend Survival Kits program.
* The three service clubs serving as co-hosts for the Friend Raiser – Rotary Club of East Lansing, Rotary Club of Haslett-Okemos and the Kiwanis Club of East Lansing — donated some $3,000 for the WSK program. Each of the clubs contributed $500 as a Friend Raiser co-host and also donated the amount that would have been spent for the meal at their regular weekly club luncheon.
* Three sponsors (Jackson, Williamston Citgo and Williamston Cross Fit) donated a total of $3,500 for the Friend Raiser.
* 681 votes were cast for the Weekend Survival Kits program during the Big Bang-quet Community Charity Challenge which concluded on March 23rd. Those 681 votes @ $5 each equal $3,405. Ninety percent of this amount or $3,065 will go to the Weekend Survival Kits program with the remaining 10% used to cover administrative fees and projects supported by the Capital Region Community Foundation.
Special thanks to our co-hosts who made our first ever WSK Friend Raiser possible – the University Club of MSU, Many Hands Foundation, Kiwanis Club of East Lansing, Rotary Club of Haslett-Okemos and Rotary Club of East Lansing.
Once again – many thanks to everyone for your help in combating childhood hunger in our communities through your support of the Weekend Survival Kits program!
2016 WSK Friend Raiser Committee
Mike Adel, Randy Bell, Katie Donovan, Wyatt Earp, Jeff Gorsline, Carrie Hindmon, Dave Muhleck, Joe Osypczuk, Bob Page, John Saltzgaber, Peggy Vaughn-Payne